Friday, October 23, 2020

the fork in the road page 1

 the fork in the road page 1 by ric gustafson


God was sitting in a chair monitoring a huge TV screen. He was paying special attention to one particular screen. As he was watching, an assistant walked in and spoke quietly into his ear.
" Ok". He frowned. " Send him in".
A tall lanky man, wearing a bright red cape that shrouded his face, walked in. He sat down in an empty chair near the TV screen.
He gave an evil grin. " What are you doing?".
" Watching Alvin Walters". He smiled. " He is one of my faithful followers".
" Why?".
" I have much love for him". He smiled again. " He honors me by being a good father and businessman".
Satan gave an evil chuckle. " His life has been easy".
" What do you mean by that?".
" If he was really tempted". His voice hesitated. " He would not be as faithful as you think".
God studied the screen. " I don't think he would falter".
Satan grinned. " Do you give your permission to try?".
" Ok". He looked sternly at his adversary. " As usual you can only do what I allow".
Satan sighed. " I know I know". He quietly got up and left.
God shook his head. He went back to studying the TV screen.


research help: The book of Job chapter 1


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: