Thursday, October 15, 2020

Peter page 6

 Peter page 6 by ric gustafson


One day, Jesus told them that one of them would betray him. The feast of Passover was approaching. Jesus sent Peter and John into the city to secure one large room. John was quiet and withdrawn. In three short years, he had matured. They arrived in the city. It was abuzz with excitement with preparations for the feast. They secured the room. That evening, Jesus and the others came. At the start of the ritual are prayers and a meal. 
This time was different. Jesus took off his tunic, wrapped himself with a towel and filled a basin with water. He filled it with water. He began to wash the feet of the disciples. When Jesus came to Peter, he reacted. " You shall never wash my feet". Jesus replied " If I do not wash you, you have no part in me". Peter knew that Jesus loved him. " Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head".


research help: ' Simon called Peter' by Dom Mauro Giuseppe Lepori


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: