Monday, October 19, 2020

Devil's Food page 1

 Devil's Food page 1 by ric gustafson


Roy McReed pressed the white garage door button. It shut the door. He opened the kitchen door. He walked into a spacious newly remodeled kitchen.
" Hi sweetie".
" Hi honey" replied Margaret McReed. She put down a carving knife. " I'm just finishing up our Halloween pumpkin".
He yawned as he put his brown briefcase down on top of their wooden hutch. " Work was really busy today". He walked over to their white refrigerator. He opened it and peered inside. " Sweetie, have you seen my Hostess treats?".
" Yes". She smiled. " They are next to your cheese slices".
He saw the familiar red, white and blue package. He took one out and opened it. He took a long bite. " I love these things".
" What are they called again?".
" Hostess Devil's Food zingers".
" Oh". She grinned at her husband. " I need you to do something for me".
" Anything". He gave her a peck on the cheek.
" I need you to go to the store and purchase our Halloween candy for tomorrow".
" Ok".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: