Saturday, October 10, 2020

down at the Witches Brew page 2

 down at the Witches Brew page 2 by ric gustafson


Todd and Martin walked into the doorway. They felt cobwebs on their faces. Todd felt something against his left leg. He looked down. It was a black cat.
" Felix" exclaimed an old woman who was dressed all in black. " Sorry about that". She picked up the cat. " Welcome to the Witches Brew". She gave a slight cackle. " What can I do for you?".
" We're lost". Martin stared at the spooky decor. " We're looking for Ridgewood Avenue".
" I'm not sure where that is". The cat scampered away. " You boys look hungry".
" I am hungry" Martin replied. The two walked over and sat down in an open booth.
She gave them two menus after blowing the cobwebs off of them. " I would recommend the Eye of Newt and the Ghoul Stew".
" No thanks". Todd handed her his menu. " I'll wait for you outside".
" Sorry". Martin handed her his menu. " I guess we're not hungry after all".
" That's ok". She cackled. " I also do tarot readings".
Martin scratched his chin. " I don't know what tarot cards are".
" Come back tomorrow". She cackled again. " I'll show you".
" Ok". He gave her a weak smile. " What street is this?".
" Endor Lane".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: