Sunday, January 1, 2012

Ismay page 5

Ismay page 5 by ric gustafson

" Sir, could you please state your name?".
" Charles Lightoller, Second Officer on the Titanic".
" Can you please tell this inquiry where you were the night of the sinking?".
" I was about to drop off to sleep when I heard a faint grinding noise".
" And then what did you do?".
" In only my pjamas, I went up to the bridge".
" Who was on the bridge?".
" Captain Smith and First Officer Murdoch".
" The Captain told me everything was under control so I went back to my room and slept for ten minutes".
" Only ten minutes".
" Fourth Officer Boxhall woke me up so I put my clothes on and walked up to the port side of the ship".



research help: ' the sinking of J Bruce Ismay' by Frances Wilson



Everyone take care. Love Ric

No comments: