Sunday, January 15, 2012

the story of Martha page 18

the story of Martha page 18 by ric gustafson


Martha watched Jesus as he was teaching at the Temple on Solomon's Porch.
The Jewish leaders were taunting him. " How long will you keep us in doubt" spat one of the leaders. " If you are the Christ, tell us plainly".
Jesus looked at the man. " I told you and you do not believe".
Martha observed the leaders reaction.
" You do not believe because you are not of my sheep".
Martha began to understand what the Rabbi was talking about.
" My sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me".
" Are you calling us sheep?".
" I and my Father are one".
Anger fell over the Jewish leaders and some of them began to pick up stones.
Horror came to Martha's face as she realized that they were going to stone Jesus.
The leaders walked toward Jesus to seize him.
Lazarus, Martha and Mary watched in amazement as Jesus calmly walked away and left the Temple.



research help: ' Martha' by Diana Wallis Taylor



Everyone take care. Love Ric

No comments: