Saturday, January 14, 2012

the story of Martha page 16

the story of Martha page 16 by ric gustafson


Martha watched as the girl left and Jesus went back to his teaching.
A Pharisee pointed a finger at the Rabbi. " You bear witness of yourself, your witness is not true".
Jesus looked at the man. " My witness is true for I know where I came from". " I am with the Father who sent me".
Another Pharisee spoke up. " Where is your Father?".
" You do not know me or my Father" Jesus replied. " If you knew me, you would know the Father also". " I am going away and where I go you cannot come".
The Pharisee leaders began to murmur among themselves. Then they began to question him again.
Jesus whispered something to Thomas. The young man quietly walked over to Martha. " The Master wishes to come over to your house tonight".
" Thank you Thomas" Martha said with a smile. " We will be glad to have all of you there".



research help: ' Martha' by Diana Wallis Taylor



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: