Monday, January 30, 2012

what are we here for? page 1

what are we here for? page 1 by ric gustafson


I John 4:11- ' Since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another".


Nicholas yawned as he walked toward the basketball court. His shift at the bank had ended and he was walking home. He decided to take a shortcut and save some time. As he walked by the court, he noticed a familiar face. Playing hoops with some high school kids was the Creator. He waved to him and then sat down on a wooden bench inside the court.
The Creator walked over and took a sip from some bottled water. " Hi Nicholas".
" I was walking home from work".
He pointed toward the high school kids. " Would you like to join my community of friends?".
" No" came a tired reply. " What is a community of friends?".
" My Word calls it fellowship with others".
" Sometimes that's hard to do".
" I know" the Creator said as he hugged his young friend. " We must learn to love, it is a choice".
" I try to love others".
" It is my greatest commandment".



research help: ' Better Together' by Rick Warren



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: