Monday, January 16, 2012

the return of Henry page 1

the return of Henry page 1 by ric gustafson


Amanda yawned as she walked up to the register, turned the key, put her drawer in and turned on her aisle light. She turned to her friend, Georgia who was working in aisle 4 and already checking out customers.
Amanda yawned as her first customer came up to be checked out.
" Why so tired?" her friend asked.
" I've only gotten a few hours sleep" she replied with a sleepy grin as the customer left with their cart. " Our church high school group was at camp all weekend and I barely got any sleep".
" You really have embraced this christian stuff after you converted".
" Henry was the reason I became a christian".
" I know" Georgia said as a customer walked up. " Sometimes I miss that old man".
" I regret how I treated him when he worked here" Amanda said with a tear in her eye. " I can't bring him back".
" We'll talk at lunch".
" Ok, we'll talk later".



Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric.

No comments: