Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ismay page 7

Ismay page 7 by ric gustafson.


" Can you please state your name for this inquiry?".
" Quartermaster Robert Hichens".
" Can you please tell this inquiry where you were when the tragedy occured?".
" I came on duty at 10:00 and was told to helm the wheel".
" And what happened next?".
" At 11:40, we received three gongs from the lookouts and then a phone call from Mr Fleet".
" What did he say?".
" He said iceberg right ahead".
" Then what happened?".
" Officer Murdoch ran in and told me to put the helm to starboard".
" You did what you were ordered to do".
" I was given the order for hard a starboard and that's what I did".
" How were you saved Sir?".
" Officer Lightoller told me to get into Lifeboat 6 along with Frederick Fleet".


research help: ' the sinking of J Bruce Ismay' by Frances Wilson



Everyone have a great Saturday. Love Ric.

No comments: