Saturday, July 11, 2020

Mary of Magdala page 24

Mary of Magdala page 24 by ric gustafson


Mary watched as the former leper left praising God. Then she noticed a familiar face in the crowd. It was Jesus's mother.
She ran to her son. " Son, have you gone mad?".
James walked up. " So this is what you've been doing instead of helping me with the shop".
Jesus stared at them. " Who is my mother and my brother?".
" We are" they both replied.
He pointed to Mary, Peter and his other followers.
" My mother and brother are those who hear the word of God and do it".
" Jesus". She began to cry. " My son".
" He is not your son". James bellowed. " Or my brother".
They left.
Mary was shocked.
Jesus had just rejected family loyalty.


research help: ' Mary called Magdalene' by Margaret George


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: