Monday, July 20, 2020

a great cloud of witnesses page 4

a great cloud of witnesses page 4 by ric gustafson


Charlie ran up to the nine mile marker. He knew he could not go any farther. His legs hurt, his eyes were stinging from the heat and he was getting very tired. Just then, he noticed the water station coming up. He ducked under the tent flap.
An old man, wearing a faded robe and carrying a wooden staff, handed him a cup of water. " You look thirsty young man".
" I am". He gulped down the water. " Thank you".
" I know what it's like to be thirsty in the heat".
Charlie stared at the old man. " You look like Moses".
" It's interesting you said that". He handed a runner some water. " Because my name is Moses".
" The burning bush Moses?".
" That's right". He gave a runner some water. " I'm here to give you encouragement".
Charlie gulped down some more water. " I sure can use it".
" I'm here to encourage you to run that last three miles". He smiled. " And not to give up".
Charlie ran out of the tent with renewed vigor.


research help: The Ryrie Study Bible


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: