Saturday, July 4, 2020

Mary of Magdala page 15

Mary of Magdala page 15 by ric gustafson


Mary walked behind Jesus as they entered Nazareth. It was a small village with only fifty or so small houses. They began to walk down a side street. They came upon a square whitewashed building. They walked inside. Mary watched as Jesus walked into the inner courtyard. Then Mary heard shrieks of joy.
" Mary, come here".
Mary walked in to see a male and a female.
" Mother,  James". Jesus smiled. " This is my friend Mary".
They smiled in return.
" Mother, I believe you've met Mary". His voice hesitated. " A long time ago in Jerusalem".
Jesus's mother grinned. " I remember".
Jesus looked at his brother. " Father's shop is yours now".
" What?".
" The shop is now yours" Jesus exclaimed. " I will not be coming back to it".
" But why?".
" I have a different calling now".


research help: ' Mary called Magdalene' by Margaret George


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: