Friday, July 3, 2020

Mary of Magdala page 12

Mary of Magdala page 12 by ric gustafson


Mary watched as Jewish soldiers approached John the Baptist
" Are you John the one who is called the Baptist?".
John bellowed. " I am".
" Cease attacking Herod Antipas" the Commander shouted. " Or you will be under arrest".
" And who are you?".
" We were sent by the king to warn you".
" I must warn you". John hesitated. " The king is involved in a incestrous marriage".
" Be baptized". John gestured toward the water. " It is not too late".
The Commander and his soldiers left.
Jesus looked at his new friends. " I must go into the desert alone".
Philip looked at Jesus. " When will you return?".
" I do not know". Jesus smiled. " When I return I will find you".
Mary, with sad eyes, watched as Jesus started walking toward the desert.


research help: ' Mary called Magdalene' by Margaret George


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: