Sunday, July 19, 2020

a great cloud of witnesses page3

a great cloud of witnesses page 3 by ric gustafson


Charlie could feel it in his legs and on his face. His legs were getting tired. The sun was affecting his running. ' I want to quit this race' he thought as the six mile marker came up. He was about to stop when he saw the water station up ahead.
He walked under the tent flap.
He was handed a cup of water. " How are you Charlie my boy?".
Charlie looked up to see the smiling face of his favorite uncle.
" Uncle Frank". He gulped down the water. " What are you doing here?".
" I am here to encourage you".
Charlie drank more water. " Encourage me?".
" Yes, to stay in this race".
" Uncle Frank, my legs hurt". He gulped down more water. " And sweat is stinging my eyes".
" Hang in there". He gave Charlie a hug. " And don't give up".
" Ok Uncle Frank".
He ran out of the tent.


research help: The Ryrie Study Bible


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: