Monday, August 26, 2013

the Wilderness OTEL page 2

the Wilderness OTEL page 2 by ric gustafson


Satan stared at a very tired Jesus.
" Are you sure you do not have a room available tonight?".
" Sorry". He began to flip through a room index. " Because of the rodeo, I have no empty rooms".
" I see". Jesus turned toward the front door. " Thank you anyway".
Satan frowned and then ran toward the front door. " Do you like gardens?".
" I love gardens". Jesus grinned. " That's why my father created them".
" I would love to show you my rock garden".
" Ok".
Satan led Jesus out a side door and to the south wall of the motel. He showed Jesus some vegtables he had been growing.
Jesus's stomach started growling loudly. " I'm so hungry".
" I've spent a lot of time on this garden". Satan pointed toward some large stones in the garden. Then he bent down and whispered into Jesus's ear. " If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread".
Jesus stared at his adversary. " Scripture says man cannot live on bread alone, he lives on every word that God utters".


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: