Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pilate page 29

Pilate page 29 by ric gustafson


Pilate was sitting in his study. He heard a knock on the door. " Yes".
" My Prefect".
" Yes".
" My Prefect, there are several priests here to see you".
He walked out to see a group that had formed. " Yes, what is this intrusion?".
One of the priests spoke up. " My Prefect, the titulus that you affixed to the top of that Rabbi's cross is wrong".
" It is". He scratched his chin. " And why would you think that?".
" It reads Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews".
" That is correct".
" My Prefect, it should say that he claimed to be the King of the Jews".
" What I have written, I have written". He left the priests standing where they were and walked back to his study.
He wrote on a parchment that the basis of sentence was constructive treason.
The sentence was crucifixion and there was no appeal.


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: