Saturday, August 3, 2013

Eva B page 7

Eva B page 7 by ric gustafson


I can feel explosions above the Bunker. Pieces of concrete shift and fall. I feel safe because this is Speer concrete. This Bunker is thirty feet underground  and has sixteen feet walls and ceiling. The assassination attempt on my Adi was awful and I had terrible moments. I was eating dinner with a neighbor when I got the dreadful news. I was shocked and dropped some of my food into my lap. Thank goodness he was still alive. If he had died, I don't know how I would have kept going.
To tell Germany he was still alive, He gave a speech on the radio. Colonel Count Von Stauffenberg and others were executed.
When I first came to this Bunker, I called my mother every day. My sister Gretl was expecting and I was worried about their safety and welfare. Munich was being shelled a lot and life was tough there. After a while, I could only write letters when the phone system broke down.
One day, we were talking about Goering.
" That traitor" Adi said loudly as he munched on radishes.
All of a sudden, Adi froze and he could not do anything for fifteen.
Eventually he recovered.
I wish he wouldn't do that.
That frightens me.


research help: ' The Patient Ecstasy of Fraulein Braun' by Lavonne Mueller


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: