Saturday, August 10, 2013

cotton candy or me page 1

cotton candy or me page 1 by ric gustafson


I carefully walked down the concrete steps as I stared at the ticket. As I walked, I looked at the row numbers for a specific row. " Here it is row 6". I turned toward my wife who was walking behind me. " Our seats are nine and ten". We sat down. I smiled because we were close to home plate.
" These seats are great" I said as I gave her a hug. " Thank you for getting these".
" Your welcome". She noticed the time on the giant scoreboard. " I'm going to go get something to drink".
" Will you get me something too?".
" Sure". She gets up and leaves.
I watch the players warm up as their names are announced over the PA system. I was happy because I loved baseball and these were the best seats we had ever had here.


Peace and God's blessings on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Love Ric

No comments: