Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pilate page 26

Pilate page 26 by ric gustafson


A bloodied Jesus now stood next to Pilate.
" Behold the man".
" Crucify" yelled the crowd.
" You crucify him". He stared at Caiaphas. " Take him and crucify him yourselves".
" My Prefect, according to our law this man should die because he claims to be the Son of God".
" The Son of God!". He looked at Jesus.
" My Prefect, this is the worst blasphemy in Hebrew law".
" This is a new charge". He sighed. " I will have to have a private hearing inside". He clapped his hands. " Flavius, bring him inside".
The centurion led Jesus into the palace.
" Where have you come from?".
Jesus was silent.
Pilate stared at Jesus with a look of frustration. " You won't speak to me". He was beginning to lose his patience. " I have the authority to release you or crucify you".
Jesus looked up at the Prefect. " You would have no authority at all over me if it had not been given from above".


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: