Friday, August 9, 2013

Eva B page 10

Eva B page 10 by ric gustafson


Bormann got an unexpected visitor. Hans Baur came into the Bunker wearing a leather coat with a Badge of Honor on it. A camouflage cap was tilted on his head.
" Eva, I can still fly out you and Adi". He stared at me with sad eyes. " You must convince him".
" He won't go".
Goebbels came into the room. " Herr Goebbels, I can still fly you, Magda and the children to safety".
" The children are now taking their nap" he replied. " Besides, how do know that you can get us out of here safely?".
" I am the Fuhrer's pilot". He smiled. " In fact, I have been flying since the age of sixteen". He looks at me. " Why won't the Fuhrer leave?". He watches me scribble in a book.
" What are you writing?".
" Memories of being with Adi". At lunch I find out that Hans adjutant was able to get out of Berlin with Adi's last will and testament. Hans and I eat noodles and vegetable cutlets. I drink grape juice from a tumbler that has little Nazi flags on it.
He looks at Magda. " Let me at least fly the children out".
She gives him a stern stare. " The children will stay with us".
I know that Adi will return soon from the map room and then we can discuss our wedding.


research help: ' The Patient Ecstasy of Fraulein Braun' by Lavonne Mueller


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: