Saturday, August 24, 2013

the Wilderness OTEL page 1

the Wilderness OTEL page 1 by ric gustafson



Jesus opened the front door. The man behind the wooden counter could hear the sandals on the hardwood floor. The clerk was wearing a red shirt and a red sport coat. He gave Jesus a strange grin. " Welcome to the Wilderness Motel".
Jesus yawned as he walked up to the counter. " The M is missing from your sign.
" It is". Satan walked over to the large lobby window and peeked out. " You're right". He grinned at Jesus. " I will have somebody in the morning fix that". He walked back and now stood behind the counter again. " Now how can I help you?".
" I am very tired". Jesus yawned again. " I have not slept in forty days".
" I see".
" I am also very hungry".
Satan chuckled and clapped his hands with glee. " I'm sorry to say but all the restaurants in town are closed now".
Jesus stared at his adversary. " How about a candy machine?".
" Sorry". He grinned at Jesus. " It's being repaired right now".
Jesus stared at Satan again. " Is a grocery store open?".
" Sorry, the only grocery store is closed on Sunday nights".


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: