Sunday, August 11, 2013

cotton candy or me page 2

cotton candy or me page 2 by ric gustafson


I watched as three from the opposing team got out. I smiled knowing that my team was up to bat. As the first batter came up to the bat, I heard a sound to my left.
" Cotton candy" said a young man with a dark beard who was wearing a white uniform. He was holding the sweet treat in one hand. " Or me".
He walked up to the front row and turned around. " Free cotton candy". He smiled and showed his nail scarred hands. " Or me".
A young man in row seven raised his hand. " I would like some cotton candy".
He bounded the steps quickly and stopped at row seven.
The patron searched his pockets for some money. " How much is it?".
" The cotton candy is free". He handed one to the person in the last seat to hand it down the aisle.
" Thank you". He grinned and began to eat the sweet treat.
Jesus smiled and began to walk toward our box section.
" Cotton candy or me".


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: