Thursday, August 29, 2013

the Forgotten page 1

the Forgotten page 1 by ric gustafson


Mavis Pickrell nervously scratched her chin as she studied the resume. " I see you worked for this insurance company for twenty five years".
" Yes".
" Nowadays, that's a long time at one company".
" It's the only job I've had since college".
She frowned at Maynard. " Mr Buckley, I'm going to be frank with you". Her voice hesitated. " I don't have any openings for someone with just insurance skills".
He looked at her with sad eyes. " Mrs Pickrell, my unemployment is about to run out and I really need a job".
" Well, I do have one possibility" she replied as she picked up an index card. " This opening just reached my desk".
" What's the assignment?".
" A boat at the marina needs a deckhand". She smiled. " Are you interested?".
" Yes".
" Good". She handed Maynard the index card. " You need to report to a boat called the Forgotten and ask for Captain Jack Muncie".


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: