Thursday, August 22, 2013

Eva B page 13

Eva B page 13 by ric gustafson



Goebbels walks out of the map room. He does not look happy.
" Was Adi shouting again?".
" He's upset because of what they did to Dresden".
I began to worry. My mother is in Dresden right now. " I miss the Berghof".
" I miss the old days too".
He began to tell me about those early days of the movement, the marches of the workmen and talking in front of the masses. He told me that he visited Adi's mother's grave in Leonding near Linz. Then he visited Adi's boyhood home.
Magda almost divorced Josef because of all of his mistresses.
" Do you know about the Brothers Grimm?".
" Yes" I replied. " Adi hates to dance".
Josef smiled. " Eva, dance with me".
I get up and dance with Josef around his office desk. Then he gives me a quick hug.
" Thank you Eva".

research help: ' The Patient Ecstasy of Fraulein Braun' by Lavonne Mueller


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: