Thursday, October 6, 2022

the pumpkin patch page 3

 the pumpkin patch page 3 by ric gustafson


One day, Alex heard a noise. " Someone's coming".
" I hear him" Doreen replied with joy. " And he's carrying a basket".
The elderly man in white reached down and picked up Miguel.
" He picked me" the pumpkin squealed.
The elderly man put him into his basket.
" He picked me too" Doreen smiled with happiness.
The man put the pumpkin into his basket.
" He won't pick me" Alex said in frustration. 
The elderly man smiled and put the pumpkin into his basket.
" Hooray he picked me" Alex screamed.
Later, God washed off the pumpkins. He cut off the tops, scooped out the insides and carved new smiling faces into each one. He put all three by the front door.
On the night of Halloween.
" Smile everyone" Doreen said with a joyful voice. " The kids are coming".

The End


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: