Sunday, October 23, 2022

a Prodigal Son Thanksgiving page 7

 a Prodigal Son Thanksgiving page 7 by ric gustafson


Father stared at the cake in front of him. His two sons were on either side of him.
" Thank you for the cards and this retirement cake". He smiled at everyone gathered. " I have something special to say".
He smiled at his sons. " I love my sons equally".
Jeff knew what his father was about to say.
" I'm going to let both of my sons run the plant".
" What!". Jeff stared at his father. " You can't be serious".
" That is my decision".
" Joseph doesn't have the skills to run this plant".
" I've watched him work". Harry the plant foreman stood up. " I think he has the skills".
Jeff stood up. " Father, you can't do this".
" Brother". Joseph stood up and embraced his brother. " It's time to bury the hatchet".
Father walked over. He embraced his sons. " It's time to bury the hatchet".
Jeff began to cry. " Ok".

The End.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: