Monday, December 16, 2013

the Ginormous Juice Stand page 3

the Ginormous Juice Stand page 3 by ric gustafson


Barbara yanked on her friend's right arm. " Missy, that is an atheist church".
Missy gave her a perplexed look. " What's an atheist?".
" Missy, they are people who do not believe in God".
" Actually" Mark replied with a big smile. " We consider ourselves good charitable people with broad minds".
" Missy, I feel uncomfortable here". She stared at her friend. " Let's go".
" I take it you are one of those Jesus people".
" I am, I'm Lutheran".
" That's great" he replied as he smiled at other grocery patrons as they walked by. " We don't bash believers in any way".
Missy opened the pamphlet. " What does your brochure promote?".
" Our church is having a service on New Year's Eve". He smiled at the two young women. " Anyone is welcome to attend".
Barbara stamped her foot again. " Missy, let's go".
" Can I take the pamphlet?".
" Sure".
She put one of the Ginormous Juice bottles into her cart. " My back feels better already". She smiled at Mark. " I'll think about the service".

The End


research help: An Omaha World Herald article


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: