Monday, December 2, 2013

the broken Christmas pitcher page 4

the broken Christmas pitcher page 4 by ric gustafson


The young man smiled, knelt down and picked up some pieces that were still together. He walked over to a work bench and picked up a glue gun. He picked up a piece of the broken pitcher from the floor and handed it to Myron. " Can you indulge me again and glue this piece to the pitcher?".
" What?".
" And while you are doing that, tell me why those young men were beating you up?".
Myron put some gloves on and put glue on the piece. " I met them at college". He set the piece in the broken pitcher. " I thought they were going to be my friends". Tears began to form in his eyes.
" Myron, my friend". He gave him a big hug. " You need to find some different friends".
" Ok".
The young man stood up. " Let's have lunch". He opened the studio door. " We'll work on this later".


research help: original story and ' Mended' by Angie Smith


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: