Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Noah's wife page 1

Noah's wife page 1 by ric gustafson


When I was born, my father did not give me a name. The reason being is that I have a mark above my left eye. My father did everything he could to get rid of it. He rubbed it with a sheep's hoof, anointed it with olive oil even offered the gods a finger if they would make it go away. As I grew up, tribes people would ignore and shun me. I blamed myself when father told me that mother had died a year after I was born. Tribe women gossiped that because of me and my mark that she had died. Father said that that was not true and that she had choked to death.
The only people who would spend time with me were the traders. They came to Father to haggle for his olives. They brought fruit, nuts, honey, spices, incense and grain. They talked about a Town of Exiles. An old trader named Arrat the Storyteller told stories that interested me. Now I was nineteen and prayed to the Gods to take this mark away.
Then I met Mechem the Magical.


research help: ' Sinners and the Sea' by Rebecca Kanner


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: