Sunday, December 8, 2013

the broken Christmas pitcher page 5

the broken Christmas pitcher page 5 by ric gustafson


The young man handed Myron a broken piece of the pitcher. " Tell me about the safety patrol in the 5th grade?".
Myron thought for a moment and then put some glue on the piece. " The kids on the safety patrol and others made fun of me and my name".
" They made fun of the name Myron".
He put the glued piece on the broken pitcher. " Yes, and it made me feel very self  conscious about myself".
He hugged Myron. " How did you deal with it?".
" In the 6th grade, I started writing funny stories so the kids would like me".
Both stared at the broken pitcher. " Myron, God would never make fun of you".
" I know".
" Let's take a break and work on this later".
" Ok".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: