Wednesday, July 10, 2013

teach us to pray: hitting bottom

teach us to pray: hitting bottom by ric gustafson


Job 42:5 says my ears have heard but my eyes had yet to see. There are times in our lives when we collapse under our burdens and hit rock bottom. Before God can start our healing process, we need to be at that point. II Corinthians 12:9 says my grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness. We need a thorn in our flesh to show us the correct way we need to go.
Psalm 116:6 says I was brought low and he saved me. We do not know what our life will be like tomorrow but James 4 says if the Lord wills we will live and also do this or that.
I pray that when we have hit bottom, we will let God heal us and he will.
Lord, teach us to pray.

research help: In Touch October 2012


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: