Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pilate page 16

Pilate page 16 by ric gustafson


Pilate yawned. He wondered how long this Thursday afternoon session would last. " Tribune, how many more cases?".
" Just two my Prefect" he replied. " Here are the two highwaymen who killed some Passover pilgrims on their way to the Holy City".
Pilate stared at the two shackled men in front of him. " Are there any witnesses?".
" Yes my Prefect".
Three females came forward.
" These three witnesses accuse the two of robbery and murder".
Members of the Roman patrol who captured the men came forward.
" My Prefect, members of the Roman patrol involved in capturing the two also accuse the two of robbery and murder".
" Have you gotten a signed confession from both?".
" Yes my Prefect".
Pilate stared at both men. " I find you both guilty of all charges".
" My Prefect".
Pilate turned toward his trusty aide.
" My Prefect, it is late in the day for crucifixion".
" Judgment will be suspended until tomorrow morning".


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: