Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pilate page 1

Pilate page 1 by ric gustafson


Pontius Pilate slowly walked down the Patrician Street toward his destination. He was of medium build, curly black hair and today looked more Roman than his clan the Pontii. He turned and began to walk up the Esquiline. He approached the house of his superior.
A steward ran out. " Sejanus is waiting for you". He led Pilate into an atrium where his boss was waiting for him.
" Pilate, please have a seat".
The two men talked for a few minutes about trivial things.
All of a sudden, Sejanus stared seriously at his garrison commander. " Pilate, what do you plan on doing after your military obligation?".
" My interest is in administration" Pilate replied with a smile. " Hopefully I can serve Rome in some kind of public office".
" I will be frank with you". His voice came down to a whisper. " We are planning on replacing Valerius Gratus as Prefect of Judea".
" What does that have to do with me?".
" Pilate, I am going to suggest to Tiberius that you replace him".
" Judea!".
" You are familiar with the area aren't you".
" I served with the 12th Legion in Syria not Judea".
" I assume you are interested in governing a province".
" Yes I am".
" Then it will be".


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: