Monday, July 29, 2013

Pilate page 20

Pilate page 20 by ric gustafson


Pilate looked at Caiaphas again. " What charge do you bring against this man?".
The chief priest spoke up. " We found this man subverting this nation".
Someone yelled from the left side of the prisoner. " He forbid the payment of tribute money to Caesar".
Caiaphas grinned at the Prefect. " He claims to be Messiah, a king".
Pilate was silent as he pondered the accusation. This was the worst charge according to Roman law. This accusation meant high treason. " I will examine him in private". He walked back into the reception hall.
Flavius led the prisoner in  and they now stood before the Prefect.
" Are you the King of the Jews?".
Jesus looked up into the Prefect's eyes. " Do you ask of your own accord or did others tell it to you concerning me?".
" What, am I a Jew". He gave Jesus a stern look. " What have you done that your own priests and nation brought you here before me?".
" My kingship is not of this world" Jesus replied. " If it were, my followers would fight to defend me".


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: