Friday, July 5, 2013

Spiritual Elements: keeping the elements in check

Spiritual Elements: keeping the elements in check by ric gustafson


God's Word teaches us that we need to inspect and examine our heart. King David in Psalm 139 says Lord you have searched me and known me, you know my sitting down and my rising up. He says that we can never escape God's eye and that God knew us before we were born. The last line of the Psalm says search me God and know my heart.
We can examine our hearts in three ways. The first is in prayer time. When we open our bibles and look at ourselves, we can keep our hearts in check. The second way is through an accountability group. When we have a group of friends who know us, love us and talk honestly with us, we can keep our life in check. The third way is at the Lord's Supper. When we partake of the bread and wine, it is an opportunity to examine our hearts and confess our sins.
We need to say search me O God, know my heart today, cleanse me and set me free.

The End


research help: Turning Points February 2013


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: