Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pilate page 9

Pilate page 9 by ric gustafson


Pilate sat at one end of the table as Herod Antipas stared at his half niece stepdaughter. She was dancing in front of them and they were mesmorized. When she had finished, they stood up and clapped.
Herod smiled at her. " My dear Salome, that was a fabulous performance".
Her dancing had brought new life to Antipas's birthday party.
" My dear, ask me for anything". He clapped his hands in joy. " I'll give it to you".
" May I ask mother first?".
" Yes".
She ran off. Shortly she returned. " I want you to give me the head of John the Baptizer on a platter".
" My dear, you must be joking".
" No father".
Antipas frowned. He did not want to do this because in secret he enjoyed talking to the desert prophet. But he also knew he could not go back on his word. He shook his head in frustration. He pointed at a guard. " Come here". He whispered a command into his ear.
Shortly after, the platter came in and was handed to Salome.
Salome took the platter to her mother.


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's own blessings. Love Ric

No comments: