Saturday, July 20, 2013

Eva B page 4

Eva B page 4 by ric gustafson


Adi's 23 year old niece Geli shot herself September 18 1931. She shot herself with Adi's Walter 6.35 revolver. She lived in an apartment in Munich. Adi was jealous and possessive and wouldn't let her go out by herself or have her own friends.
I tried suicide twice. The first time I shot myself in the neck with my father's army pistol while I worked at Hoffmann's photo shop. The second time I took a lot of sleeping pills. Adi was informed about Geli's death while he was at the Deutscher Hof Hotel in Nuremburg. He felt helpless and hopeless.
The concrete of the Bunker has a sour smell to it. The Bunker has a sixty kilowatt diesel generator but it is shut off a lot to keep out smoke and dirt. When it is on, I get coughing fits and headaches. Magda brought in eight pieces of furniture. I brought in a cherry wood table and eight matching chairs.
Adi has a portrait of Frederick the Great in his apartment and after dinner sits in front of it and studies it. I read to him from his favorite book, ' History of Frederick the Great'.


research help: ' The Patient Ecstasy of Fraulein Braun' by Lavonne Mueller


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: