Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pilate page 21

Pilate page 21 by ric gustafson


Jesus looked at Pilate. " My authority comes from elsewhere".
" So, you are a king?".
" It is as you say that I am a king" Jesus replied in a quiet voice. " For this I was born and for this I have come into the world".
Pilate scratched his chin. " And why have you come into the world?".
" To bear witness to the truth".
The Prefect stared at Jesus with a quizzical look. " What is truth?".
Jesus did not reply.
Pilate shook his head in confusion and then clapped his hands. Flavius walked over. " Take the prisoner, we are going back outside".
They walked back outside. Jesus now stood next to Pilate. The Prefect faced the crowd. " I find no fault in him". He looked at Caiaphas. " What evidence do you have against this man?".
" My Prefect, we have several witnesses".
Several people came forward saying that the prisoner claimed to be a Messiah and that he used magic and sorcery to do his many miracles.
During this whole time, Pilate noticed that Jesus was silent.


research help: ' Pontius Pilate' by Paul L Maier


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: