Sunday, July 29, 2012

who do you say I am?

who do you say I am? by ric gustafson


Jesus and his disciples were walking toward a village near Caesarea Philippi. The day was hot and all of them were tired. The disciples were perplexed at the questions Jesus was asking them. Jesus asked them point blank ' who do people say I am?'.
Peter and the others thought for a moment. " Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah or maybe one of the prophets".
Jesus looked at them. " What about you, who do you say I am?".
Peter looked at Jesus. " You are the Christ".
Jesus smiled at Peter and the others. " Do not tell anyone about me". " I must suffer and be rejected by many" Jesus said as they kept walking. " I must be killed and then rise again in three days".
Peter pulled Jesus aside because he could not believe what he was hearing.
Jesus looked at Peter with a stern face. " Get behind me Satan, you do not have in mind the things of God but the things of men".


Everyone stay cool on this hot afternoon. Love Ric

No comments: