Sunday, July 15, 2012

the heart within page 1

the heart within page 1 by ric gustafson


Riley Clausen stopped his mountain bike next to the large driveway. He noticed the address that was painted on the concrete next to the green mailbox. It read ' 666' in bold red letters. He raised his arm to throw the paper into the driveway when an older gentleman came out of the open garage. He walked up the driveway and stopped next to Riley's bike.
" I was going to throw the paper into the driveway".
" I'll take it" he said with a strange grin as he took the paper and extended his hand. " My name is Envy and I will give it to my boss".
" I'm Riley and I am your paperboy".
" Tell me young Riley" he asked as he straightened his dark sunglasses. " Who lives in that beautiful estate up the street?".
" Bruce Wayne lives there" Riley said as envy entered his young heart. " That's Wayne Manor".
" I see".


research help: ' Angels are for real' by Judith MacNutt
                       ' Wayne of Gotham' by Tracy Hickman

No comments: