Wednesday, July 4, 2012

a Green Acres christmas prelude

a Green Acres christmas prelude by ric gustafson


Oliver Wendell Douglas walked through the front door of the general store. He heard the clang of the pots and pans overhead.
" Morning Mr Douglas" Sam Drucker said as he swept the dusty wooden floor with a broom. " What can I do for you?".
" I'm interested in a large saw to cut down a tree for christmas".
" Why don't you get a fake one" he said as he noticed two boys with their hands in his penny candy jars. " Get your hands out of my penny candy". " Darn kids" he said as the two ran out the front door. " Now what were you asking about Mr Douglas?".
" A saw to cut down a tree for christmas".
" Why do you want to do that?".
" I'm a farmer and I want a real tree to hang ornaments and tinsel on and smell the sweet smell of the wood ".
Sam looked at Mr Douglas. " It would be easier if you got a fake one".
Oliver sighed. " Where can I find one?".
" The general store in Pixley would have one".
" Thank you". He saw something as he reached the front door. " What is that?".
" A cuckoo clock" Sam said with a smile. " It's the newest thing in clocks".
" I'll take it".

No comments: