Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nehemiah page 4

Nehemiah page 4 by ric gustafson


" I love you Father" Sarah said as the eunuch put her wooden chest into a cart. " I don't want to go".
Simeon smiled as he hugged her. " I will contact you through one of the servants".
Later on, the cart led by a donkey slowly went through the Gate of Xerxes and stopped at the royal stable near the gate. They got out and walked up a limestone stairway to the entrance of the women's quarters.
" You will be sharing this room with three other women servants of the Queen" the eunuch said quietly as he put Sarah's chest on the floor. He left the room.
All of a sudden, a woman appeared at the door. " I am the Queen's senior handmaiden" she said with a grin as she studied the young woman from head to toe. " I will prepare you to meet the Queen".


research help: ' harvest of rubies' by Tessa Afshar


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: