Tuesday, July 31, 2012

the stranger who came to town page 12

the stranger who came to town page 12 by ric gustafson


" Hello Mr Tang" Brandon said as he put the day's receipts in the safe under the lobby counter. " Have you decided to check out?".
" Actually that's what I wanted to talk to you about". He smiled at Clarice. " How is the arm and elbow doing?".
" Great" she said as she looked down at them. " Thank you".
" Mr Marcotte, my travel and business plans have changed" he said with a strange grin. " I would like to stay here at the motel for a few more days". He took out his wallet and put some money on the front counter. " I assume it's still thirty a night as long as I eat at Flo's".
" That's right" Brandon replied as he took the money and put it into the safe. " I hope the room has been satisfactory".
" It's been just fine". He turned and walked toward the front door. Before he opened it, he turned around. " Mr Marcotte, I've been hearing a strange noise coming from my car". " I was wondering where the closest service station is".
" That would be Phipps service station just down the highway about a mile".
" Thank you". He walked outside toward the Ion.
" Let's get to work". Brandon went to the storage closet to get some cleaning supplies ready.


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: