Tuesday, April 24, 2012

the story of Martha page 31

the story of Martha page 31 by ric gustafson


Martha was feeding their donkey when she heard a knock on their back gate. She opened it to reveal one of Jesus's followers. " Hello Thomas".
" Hello Mary" he said with a grin as he gave her a hug. " Peace be on this house".
" What news do you have from Jerusalem?".
" Two of my friends, Cleophas and Simon who were walking to Emmaus were joined by a stranger".
" Then what happened?".
" He asked why they were sad and then he preceded to tell them of the things the Messiah was to suffer". " He agreed to eat with them and when he broke bread, they realized it was the Lord".
" So what Lazarus told me was true, he is risen".
Thomas shook his head. " Unless I can touch his nail prints and put my hand in his side, I will not believe".
" Even though he raised my brother from the dead, you still won't believe".
" Martha, I can't".


research help: ' Martha' by Diana Wallis Taylor


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: