Wednesday, April 11, 2012

the roar of the Lyon chapter 1 page 3

the roar of the Lyon chapter 1 page 3 by ric gustafson


Marcia put some mashed potatoes on the plate and then handed it back to her husband. " He actually asked you if you were a christian" she said as she handed Dwayne a basket of fresh bread.
" He did".
" What did you say?" she asked as she poured him a glass of red wine.
" I told him I was".
" And what did he say?".
Dwayne took a bite of the roast beef that was on his plate. " He told me that an employer he had many years ago was a christian and that he was in charge of their finances"." I'm worried that my chances for the job are nil because I told him that".
" God will determine if you are going to get the job or not".
As they were washing the dinner dishes, the phone rang.
" I'll get it" Dwayne said. He put down his towel, walked over and picked up the cell phone. " Hello". " Yes, this is Dwayne Hodgins".
Marcia watched his reaction as he listened intently to the call.
" Thank you, I'll see you Monday morning". He put the phone back on the hook.
" Dwayne, who was that?".
" Mr J. I" he said as a smile came to his face. " I got the job".

No comments: