Friday, November 20, 2015

the Sweet By and By Inn page 5

the Sweet By and By Inn page 5 by ric Gustafson


Zeke opened the door and walked into the small pizza restaurant. He noticed his co worker sitting in a booth in the back. He walked up and shook his hand. " Fred, this is an interesting place".
" I was hoping you would like it" Fred Holman replied as he began to look at a menu. " What kind of pizza do you like?".
Zeke sat down and took a menu to look at. " I really like ham and pineapple". He began to study it. " Plus I'll have a Mountain Dew".
Fred looked toward the front. " It looks like we need to order from up front". After they ordered, they sat down with their soda drinks.
Fred raised his cup. " To success in the next thirty days".
" To success" Zeke replied as he raised his Mountain Dew.
A half hour later, their large half and half pizza arrived.
Fred took a slice of ham and pineapple pizza and took a bite. " So where are you staying?". He wiped off his mouth with a napkin.
" I'm staying at the Sweet By and By Inn".
His friend kept eating the pizza. " I've heard it's a nice place but strange".
" What do you mean?".
" The Inn is always full". He took a sip of Diet Coke. " But I've lived here all my life and have never actually met anyone who has actually stayed there".


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: