Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Bread of Life: Capernaum b

The Bread of Life: Capernaum b  by ric Gustafson


Someone yelled at the Rabbi. " Please Sir, give us this bread".
Jesus grinned. " I am the Bread of Life, he who comes to me will never go hungry". Jesus looked at the crowd with love in his eyes. " I have come down from heaven not to do my will but the will of him who sent me".
Some of the people in the crowd began to grumble.
Someone yelled. " Is this not the son of Joseph of Nazareth". " How can he say that he came down from heaven?".
Jesus smiled again. " I am the Bread of Life, your forefathers ate the manna but died".
More people began to grumble.
" The bread I give is from heaven". Jesus hesitated. " Whoever eats this bread will not die".
Someone yelled. " How can this be?".
" I am the living bread that came down from heaven". He grinned. " This bread is my flesh which I gave for the life of the world".
Someone yelled. " How can you give us your flesh to eat?".
Jesus sighed. " Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life and will be with me forever".
The crowd dispersed.


research help: The Ryrie Study Bible


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: