Friday, November 27, 2015

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 2

Flavius Artemis the centurion page 2 by ric Gustafson


The next time I encountered the elderly Apostle, the city of Rome was in flames. Followers of Christos were beginning to believe that the end of the world was here. People were flocking to the elderly fisherman who spoke of love and forgiveness. People walked up to the elderly man to kiss his hands or to touch the hem of his robe.
He smiled at me. " Peace be with you".
People flocked to him.
" Love men as your own brother". He grinned. " Only with love may you serve him".
I knew that these Christians lived in fear. I approached the elderly fisherman. " Rome is burning because of Caesar".
The elderly Apostle looked at me. " I know".
" Because of Nero, people are killing each other".
" I was with the Lord" he replied. " I am not afraid".
I was amazed at how much this elderly fisherman loved a man who died years ago.


research help: ' Quo Vadis' by Henryk Sienkiewicz


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: