Tuesday, November 3, 2015

the prize in the cheerio box page 2

the prize in the cheerio box page 2 by ric Gustafson


The female walked up to the easel. She put her presentation on it. " Hello my name is Esther Jones". Her voice hesitated. " Thank you for listening to my presentation". She handed it out to those at the table. " My proposal is that since DVD's are so popular right now that we could put them into the boxes". She smiled. " The movie companies will get exposure and your sales will go up".
Rico smiled. " Thank you Miss Jones for your presentation".
She sat down and the other gentleman stood up. " Hello my name is Frank Bensen and here is my presentation". He handed a copy to those at the table. " My proposal is to put small toys into the boxes such as small little racecars". He held up one of the small die cast racecars. " Kids will want to collect these and your sales will increase".
Rico grinned. " Thank you Mr Bensen  for your presentation". He pointed at me. " Ok your next".
I got up and walked over to the easel. I put my presentation on it and then handed one to those at the table. " Hello my name is Richard Franklin". I hesitated. " My proposal is a completely different approach". I pulled out a bible from my briefcase and opened it to Philippians 3:14. " Based on what this bible passage says". I pointed at the verse. " I propose that you put a small card into the box that simply says ' your prize is being in heaven forever with the Lord". I looked around the room and noticed that everyone was staring at me with disbelief.
Rico looked at me with a stunned look. " I beg your pardon".
" Everyone is looking for material things like prizes in cheerio boxes". I smiled. " Instead they should be looking for the most important prize of all".
" What's that?" Rico asked.
" The most important prize of all is that we will be in heaven forever with Jesus".
" Thank you Mr Franklin for that presentation". Rico gave a frown. " I'm sorry but that was not what this committee had in mind".
" I know". I put my presentation back into my briefcase. I walked out to the elevator and pushed the button. I got out and walked toward the front glass door.
I was smiling as I walked out.

The End.


research help: original story


Peace and God's blessings. Love Ric

No comments: